Happy Friday everyone! Can you believe it is Friday…I swear this week flew by for me! In a good way! Since Jeff allowed me to run both yesterday and Wednesday today was a no impact day! I did a 2 mile swim in 64 minutes and then came home and did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Lot of stretching ensued because I am little tight in the groin area from yesterday’s run. (which I am still super pumped about…thank you Dr. Jeff!) I have PT today at 12:00 and I am sure I will be in an even better mood after that (if possible!) Sorry to be so happy and annoying but just being able to see my progress from PT is amazing and is allowing me to be cautiously excited! 😉 I also got my Aquajogger in the mail yesterday and I am going to take that to my dad’s pool later today and try that out!! YAY!
I want to tell all you THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all the amazing comments, emails and tweets you send my way regarding this injury. While I know I am not out of the woods yet, I feel better and like I am on the road to recovery and to NYC! Here’s what I learned:
- Listening to my body IS important! I need to be able to distinguish between soreness and pain. Typically I just ignore any pain but that can’t happen anymore!
- Cross training is IMPORTANT and even better it is actually FUN!
- Continuing to see Dr. Jeff for regular PT sessions is a must!!!
- Yoga is a GOOD thing for me!
- STOP OVERTRAINING! There is no need for me to run 60+ miles a week! 40 is more than plenty with some fun cross training activities to spice it up!
- Remember to build back slowly and listen to Dr. Jeff. I will get back to where I was with patience. Patience is important!
- I need to honor my body and respect my injury and remember to be humble!
What lessons have you had to learn the hard way?
I wish I could say that dinner was uber fabulous last night but would you settle for uber simple instead? I baked us fillets of seabass…simple and clean with some roasted asparagus on the side. It was nice and light and the flavors did taste really nice on the HOT summer night!
I had a request to bring back “Ask Me Fridays” so if there is anything you want to know ask away. Email me, tweet me, leave me a comment and I will answer any and all questions that you guys have! I’m not shy! 😉
Is there anything you want to know about me?
Another question: What was your favorite book at a child?
I loved Shel Silverstein’s Where the Side Walk Ends. Did you ever read that? It was one of my absolute favorites! I could even recite some of the poem’s from reading them so much! I will leave you with a GREAT Shel Silverstein poem:
from the book “Where the Sidewalk Ends” (1974)
I will not play at tug o’ war.
I’d rather play at hug o’ war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!
Filed under: Uncategorized |