I wanted to pop in real quick and say first, I hope you are LOVING your Saturday, and I wanted to post my gluten-free cupcakes that I made this morning! YUM! YUM! Enjoy!
I should say that this is my favorite gluten-free cupcake recipe! Quick fact about me: I hate icing/frosting. For some reason the sweetness of it is just too much. I always scrape it off cake and as a kid I always wanted the least amount of icing possible on any cake or cookie cake for my birthdays. (Right, mom?) So these cupcakes are bare…but that is how I like it. But if you wanted to frost them then they would be totally great that way too!
SALAD DRESSING CUPCAKES
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I use Rob’s Red Mill’s All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, optional (I didn’t use because truthfully I am not a chocolate gal either)
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used lemon extract this time…you can really use any flavor you want)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or use muffin liners.
Sift flour, baking soda and cocoa powder (if using); set aside.
Whip mayonnaise, sugar, water and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. Add flour mixture slowly and beat at medium speed with electric mixture for 2 minutes.
Fill muffin tray and bake 15 to 25 minutes (depends on your oven; mine took 25) or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serves: 12 (I actually halved the recipe to make only 6; 12 cupcakes it a lot for just me and Keith)
133 CALORIES; 0.6g FAT (0.1g saturated fat); 1mg CHOLESTEROL; 278mg SODIUM; 30.6g CARBOHYDRATES; 0.7g FIBER; 17.8g SUGAR; 1.6g PROTEIN
Filed under: Uncategorized |