Thanks to everyone you played my Trivia game yesterday! The answer was Challah…which in my opinion is the BEST bread in the entire world! I recently found a gluten-free challah bread recipe that I am dying to try! As soon as do…you will be first to know! I will add everyone who got the answer right into the drawing to happen at the end of the month! Be sure to check back next Wednesday for Trivia week #3!
Back in December I won the BSI Contest hosted by Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers. She sent me the BEST winner’s package filled with all kinds of fabulous goodies! One thing she sent me was a bag of Lundberg Jubilee Gluten-Free Brown Rice Blend.
It was SUPER easy to cook up…1 cup rice, 2 cups chicken broth (or water), 1 T. butter (optional) and salt and pepper to taste. Combine everything, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover for 50 minutes. Let it stand in the pot for 10 minutes then fluff and serve! BRILLIANT! It was a HUGE hit with both me and Keith! It was a nice change of pace from ordinary brown rice and I definitely recommend this product. Thanks Julie!
COUPONS ARE A GIRL’S BEST FRIEND
- Sur La Table is currently offering free shipping!
- Williams-Sonoma is having a 75% Winter Sale on some awesome items!
- Save 5% on your order at Wine Country Gift Baskets with this coupon code: 2987230
- Teavana is offering free shipping on all orders over $50!
- Ms. Fields Orginal Cookies is offering special values on a slew of goodie baskets!
DID SOMEBODY SAY FREE SAMPLES!?!?
- Join FreeFly’s and get free samples of top brand name products!
- Free Sample of Barbara’s Bakery Cereals (think PUFFINS!!!) here!
- Free 1 oz. sample of Magic Amazing Spice here!
- Join Mimi’s Cafe EClub and get a free breakfast!
- Want a free box of Special K cereal? Go here!
- Free sample of your favorite Chips Ahoy cookies here!
Lastly, I posted last week that I struggle with the ideal of perfectionism and that in 2010 I really want to work on understanding that perfection and excellence are NOT synonyms. I found a quote: “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius. I was excited to find this because it once again reaffirms for me that I can fall and it is 100% okay. That what I learn from a fall (or a failure) is what has the potential to make me excellent.
HAVE A HAPPY THURSDAY BLOGGERS!
Filed under: Uncategorized |