Happy New Year’s Eve!! I am once again shocked by the fact that another year is almost over. Do you have any big plans tonight? We are going to be low-key and hang out hoping to make it to midnight! haha! Last year we made it until 11:00p.m which was midnight in NYC. So we watched the ball drop and pretended that it was midnight! We kissed and went to bed!🙂
But 2009 was a BIG year for me and it included a lot of changes. It wasn’t always easy but all-in-all this was a good year. Here are some notable things that happened for me in 2009:
- I officially became certified as a Nutrition Manager and began to follow my passion for helping people enjoy a healthy lifestyle
- Lindsay Cotter and I developed and created Healthy Bites!! (Thanks to all of you who purchase them on a regular basis)
- I developed and published my first, and hopefully of many, cookbook (Thanks to everyone who purchased one!!)
- I entered the blogging world…and have LOVED every minute of this experience! (Thanks to all my faithful followers…I love you all!)
- I ran my PR half marathon: 1:39:34!!
- I fell even more in love with husband (is that possible?!)
- I let go of some family baggage that I have held on to for too long and embraced what is my family and the love that is found there
- I learned the true meaning of unselfish love
Goals for 2010
- To accept that I am not perfect and that is OKAY! A friend gave me this piece of wise advice: “Perfection is impossible, however, striving for perfection is not. Do the best you can under the conditions that exist. That is what counts.” Lots of people (me included) forget that trying to be perfect actually hinders your chances of being excellent.
- To laugh more
- To qualify for the NYC Marathon
- To publish another cookbook
- To continue to grow my blog and continue following my passions!
SO BRING IT ON 2010…I AM SO READY!🙂
Do you have any resolutions for 2010??
Filed under: Uncategorized