WHAT A WEEK! I can honestly say that I am thrilled it is Friday! Thank goodness! I am ready to de-stress, make new goals, have some Kelly & Keith time. Then come Monday….look out peeps…that annoying Monday lover will be back in FINE form! bahahah!
Please tell me all your exciting plans for this weekend!!
But I can’t leave you without some awesome health knowledge, now can I? Speaking of, if you missed it you should really go check out the article I posted yesterday afternoon about The 5 Biggest Health Myths. It is pretty hysterical in it’s own way. But today…let’s talk about fruit! It is no doubt that usually in the summer I find myself craving fruit. I eat substantially more fruit in the summer than in the winter. So with that said, how about a list of the Top 15 Healthiest Fruits!
1. Apples – 1 medium apple (80 calories, 0 g fat): An apple’s 3 g of fiber help you meet your fiber goal of 20 g to 30 g daily. High-fiber diets can lower heart disease risk;
2. Apricots – 3 apricots (51 calories, 0 g fat): A good source of beta-carotene (which is converted to vitamin A by the body), providing the equivalent of 35% of the RDA for vitamin A;
3. Bananas – 1 medium (105 calories, 0 g fat): Bananas are a great source of potassium, which plays a key role in heart health and muscle function. Plus each one has 2 g of fiber;
4. Blackberries – 1 cup (74 calories, 0 g fat): This fruit boasts a whopping 10 g of fiber in a single cup;
5. Blueberries – 1 cup (81 calories, 0 g fat): Blueberries help prevent and treat bladder infections by making it hard for bacteria to stick to urinary tract walls;
6. Cherries – 1 cup (84 calories, 1 g fat): A good source of perillyl alcohol, which helps prevent cancer in animals. Heart-protective anthocyanins give cherries their color;
7. Grapefruits – 1/2 fruit (39 calories, 0 g fat): A good source of vitamin C and a compound called naringenin, which helps suppress tumors in animals;
8. Kiwi – 1 medium (46 calories, 0 g fat): Just one little fruit packs a mean vitamin-C punch (74 mg) and an impressive 2.8 g fiber;
9. Mangoes – 1 mango (135 calories, 1 g fat): A single mango has enough beta-carotene to cover your RDA for vitamin A while racking up 57 mg of vitamin C;
10. Oranges fruits- 1 orange (61 calories, 0 g fat): One orange provides an impressive 50 mg to 70 mg of vitamin C, 40 mcg of folic acid and 52 mg of calcium;
11. Papayas – 1 cup, cubed (55 calories, 0 g fat): Loaded with vitamin C (86 mg per cup), a healthy dose of fiber (2.5 g) and a sprinkling of beta-carotene and calcium;
12. Purple grapes – 1 small (113 calories, 0.9 g fat):Offer three heart-guarding compounds: flavonoids, anthocyanins and resveratrol (green grapes are not rich in them);
13. Prunes – 1/3 cup, stewed (87 calories, 0 g fat): Prunes’ famed laxative effect is no mystery: There are 5 g of fiber (both soluble and insoluble) in just 1/3 cup;
14. Raspberries – 1 cup (60 calories, 0 g fat): Teeming with 8 g of fiber per cup, they also boast vitamin C, ellagic acid and anthocyanins;
15. Strawberries – 1 cup, sliced (50 calories, 0 g fat): Strawberries have high levels of ellagic acid and anthocyanins, and are rich in vitamin C (95 mg per cup) and fiber (3.8 g per cup).
What’s your favorite summertime fruit?